Saturday, March 30, 2013

For the Love of Twinkle

Last Wednesday I took a really spontaneous trip to New York City.  It all stated when I logged into my Facebook account on Tuesday evening.  The first news on my feed was from Twinkle by Wenlan, she was having a warehouse sale in New York.  I don't know if I have shared that Twinkle is my absolute favorite designer/brand.  Twinkle has the most luxurious knits ever.  I have knit many Twinkle patters myself but I didn't own anything from the ready to wear line, since it is very expensive and therefore out of my price range.  So, when I saw that there would be a warehouse sale and prices would be 60% off I knew I had to be there.  The next morning I set out on a 4 hour bus trip to New York, all for my love of Twinkle.  I have been to New York a few times but never by myself so this was uncharted territory.  I arrived at the sale around 10:30 am, and found some great pieces.  I spent 180 bucks on nine Twinkle pieces,  all of the pieces  were originally priced over 100 dollars a piece,  so that was a steal.  After  I left the sale,  I had a delicious lunch in Chelsea at Cafeteria.  All in all a productive and relaxing day trip in NYC.  I should do that more often!



Vibrant NYC streets!

Inside the warehouse sale. 

Post warehouse sale cab ride...

The Damage...


Goodbye NYC...


Haulage! 


The Goodies....










No comments:

Post a Comment