Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Adventures in Spinning

As you guys know I went to The New York Sheep and Wool festival this year. Being that it was my first time there I didn't know which vendors I would hit or goodies I would buy, but I definitely knew I wanted to pickup a spindle. While I will always be a knitter first, recently I have been intrigued by spinning. So I bought two spindles, one small, one larger one. I opted for the cheaper priced ones as I didn't know how my foray into spinning would turn out. I also bought 6 bags of acrylic roving. Once I arrived home I looked up a few spinning how-to videos on YouTube. I unsuccessfully worked at it for about an hour until I caught on. I tried two different methods but the park and draft method worked best for me. A feeling of pride came over me once I finished spinning all of the roving (which took about 3 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment