Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Road to Rhinebeck!

So, this past weekend I went to the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY. As an avid knitter this festival is a must! For three years I have wanted to go but have been able to for various reasons. I finally made it this year and it was definitely worth the wait. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend trip. Take a look!

I took the Amtrak train from Baltimore to the beautiful Rhinecliff Station situated over the Hudson River.
The mode of transportation...

A few snaps of the view from my window..


The hotel was comfy...

Delicious steakhouse located inside the hotel...

My travel companion, my Mom...




Finally made it to the Dutchess County Fairgrounds.

The scene...


First purchase of the day...

Showing off my purchases...

wood carvers...so cool.

Ravelry meetup








All the pretty yarn...

More yarn...

sock machine demo...

Sheep herding demo.




Mom in front of The general store...


The Hudson River.


The ride home.

My goodies from Rhinebeck.

More goodies. 











GOOD TIMES!!



No comments:

Post a Comment