Thursday, February 6, 2014

In Search of Knitspiration

So, you guys know that I am currently going through a knitting rut.  I absolutely hate it!  I have started and taken out numerous projects over the past few months.  Simultaneously, I have been working on a vest from a rowan pattern forever.  Well, I haven’t really been working on it; I just pick it up every few days, knit a couple of rows, and then throw it in the floor somewhere. 


It was the basket weave design of the pattern that I was originally drawn too.  Now that I am basically finished this extremely tedious project I have come to the realization that basket weave is awful and frumpy- looking (no offense to anyone who’s into it).  So what’s a girl to do?  Take out the project? Give it away? Try to turn it into something else? I don’t know.  This may seem like a minor problem but my life feels off balance without a beautiful knitting project to run home too.  While I have recently taken to leather working, knitting will always be my first love.  Since I haven’t been knitting much I have been combing various knitting sites (Ravelry, Knitty, Kim Heargreaves, and Rowan) for knitting patterns and inspiration.  Here’s what I came across:



Alloy_01_small2


Jdh-9233_small2


Vkh13_weekend_31_small2


It’s not usually this difficult for me to find inspiration.  I mostly write my own knitting patterns, unless it’s a Twinkle pattern. So this is unchartered territory.  I’ll keep you updated on the status of the knitting rut. 


No comments:

Post a Comment