Monday, July 22, 2013

Fall knitting preview

With the retail industry leaving summer behind and looking forward to fall 2013, I thought I should begin to plan my fall Knitting projects. I know it may be difficult for some people to even think about boots, jackets, and scarfs when it's still blistering hot outside, especially on the east coast. As fall is my absolute favorite season it's never too hot for me to think about it. I just finished my final summer knitting project . That means its time to retire the cotton yarn and size 6 needles and pick up some chunky wool and size 19 needles.  
As of yesterday, I'm working on this beautiful Rowan wayfarer pattern. This project is pretty intense, I'm not a big cable knitter. So we shall see how this turns out. 

Here are a few of the absolutely breathtaking projects on my to-knit list for fall. 




These books feature some amazing fall patterns from Rowan and Kim Haregreaves. 

What are your fall must have knits? 

Image credits : Kim Hargreaves  \Rowan Purelife Autumn \ Rowan magazine 48 

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally jealous of your knitting skills! That's so awesome! A friend of mine has been saying she's going to teach me for YEARS but I'm still clueless as to what to do. Lol.

    My favorite fall knits are oversized cozy sweaters. I also like knit socks. Not only are they super comfortable but they look way cute with boots!

    Great post! :)

    XX Brytani Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly, believe or not I taught myself to knit from a how-to-book (this was before youtube). I have never had anyone show me any knitting technique, so it's totally possible for you to learn on your own. You definitely should, I love new knitters!

      Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Bailey

      Delete