Friday, July 12, 2013

D.I.Y Friday: Tunic time

I don't know if you know this, but I'm pretty obsessed with tunics!  Whether cotton, silk, or linen I love them all.   Since summer began I have been stalking tunics on JCrew and Anthropologie online (pictures shown below).  While I love these tunics, I don't love the hefty price tag.  So, being the crafty person that I am, I decided to try and make my own.  Two tunics in particular served as the inspiration for my project.  I don't consider myself to be the best at sewing, however I do have a basic knowledge of sewing and sewing machine operation.  The materials used for this project were 1 1/2 yards of fabric, sewing machine, blue and white thread,  and an old t-shirt to used as a pattern. The total cost of this project was about twelve dollars.  I have to say, I am quite pleased with the result! What do you think?


Taddie Tadpole (my creation!)



No comments:

Post a Comment