Friday, June 14, 2013

D.I.Y. Friday

Stars and Stripes: Denim D.I.Y.

It feels like I haven't posted a D.I.Y. in forever but I have a very simple and fun one today.  My creative juices are flowing so expect some exciting D.I.Y.s in the coming weeks.

With summer in full effect its time to pull out the cut-off shorts.  I have so many pairs that they were all starting to look alike,  I had to revamp a pair or two.  I've been seeing tons of great ombre and distressed shorts all over Tumblr.  So, drawing some inspiration from various sources I decided on a flag inspired D.I.Y.  Using white paint and a paintbrush I created the cutest little shorts.  If your thinking this D.I.Y is for you head over to Kollabora for the my step by step tutorial.

P.S.  If you don't know about Kollabora it's a a maker community where lots of creative folks post amazing D.I.Y. ideas and projects.  I'm new to it, but I am definitely enjoying it already! For those who are already hip to Kollabora follow me, I'm lonely over there.



After:

Before:



Second pair of shorts. Before:

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment