Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fresh knits

So, I have two recently finished knitting projects to show off, my maxi mermaid skirt and my cotton dress.  Although the maxi skirt is just recently finished I had been working on that project forever, you guys may remember that I posted a pic of a short spring dress that looked similar to the maxi skirt.  Well, it's actually the same yarn.  I ended up taking a good portion of the dress out and turning it into the skirt.  I just didn't love the dress, but I absolutely adore the skirt. It will definitely be getting plenty of wear this summer. I have a special place in my heart for this skirt because it's knit with this gorgeous wool/ silk blend yarn that I bought from the New York Sheep and Wool Festival.  Whenever I look at the yarn I think about the festival and how awesome it was.
Next up, is my cotton dress, which is actually going to be for sale in my Etsy shop.  I just couldn't resist trying it on.  I always fell like such a proud mama whenever I finish a project.  It's amazing how that feeling never gets old no matter how many projects I complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment